Boise Idaho Mission

Boise Idaho Mission

Friday, September 11, 2015

Week 2! Marching Two by Two in Boise

Elder Monroe is my companion, it is pretty funny to me he is from Monroe Utah. So no matter what I will always remember where he is from I just have to look at his name tag for a reminder. He has been in the area for 4 transfers, which is about 6months. He will probably be here even longer so he can train me.  He seems like he will be a big brother figure to me, I had a big sister and she is good, but he will be my first big brother, I have never had that type of role before. It is neat, to see the example he is setting for me in being a missionary. He is teaching me the ropes, showing me what kind of missionary I can be. He also was one of the first people I first talked to when I got to the mission field.  
       From October to April I can wear single color, v neck sweaters, otherwise I will have to wear suit coats, and I would rather wear sweaters, so if you can have people send me some that would be something I could use.
     We went to a wedding Saturday. It is nice to know that God has someone out there for everyone. We were created not to remain alone, but to find someone to love us and help us get  through this life. So maybe one day I will get married, I don't want to be alone, I want a wife to love and share my life with.   
       Today is p-day so we get to go with some other Elders to play put-put, and I can't wait. As soon as I get a cable to connect my camera to the computer I will send you photos from here and from the MTC.
    The area that I am in is not that busy, we only have one ward. In our ward  there is a lot of less active members, so for right now our goal is to bring people back to the church. Another thing is that during the day, since our ward is made up of elderly and newly wed couples, we don't get much work in because everyone is busy. But we did get two investigators to go to church. We have been doing some service, helped a family to move into a new house, and try to help in anyway we can.
     I miss you all, and wish I could give you the biggest, longest hug ever, but I know the time will go fast. You would all be proud of me our apartments have a gym so I have been going.  

1 comment: