Boise Idaho Mission

Boise Idaho Mission

Friday, October 2, 2015

Spiritual Thoughts and Memories.

Talking about stuff like that, my ward mission leader has a step-son who has some sort of special needs, I think it was autism, but every now and again he come running to us and dances with us. I think it is cute and brings me happiness. One of their neighbors has 4 kids between the ages of 3-14 and we love going over and visit. I promise their son that when I get off my mission, I will go take him fishing. He was excited when I was telling him how much I knew about fishing, and he can't wait. So, I am finding those families in which I will come back and visit. Today we are planning to go to Idaho City and hike with a member family. Can't wait to do it. 


George Bernard Shaw said, “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” Don’t worry about searching for who you are; focus your energies on creating the kind of person you want to be! You will discover that as you pursue that journey you will not only find yourself, but chances are you will be pleasantly surprised and proud of the person you find along the way. 


I love this quote and I have been learning that while I have been out here.

“Nearly 40 years ago as I contemplated the challenge of a mission, I felt very inadequate and unprepared. I remember praying, ‘Heavenly Father, how can I serve a mission when I know so little?’ I believed in the Church, but I felt my spiritual knowledge was very limited. As I prayed, the feeling came: ‘You don’t know everything, but you know enough!’ That reassurance gave me the courage to take the next step into the mission field.” I wouldn't like to know everything though. I love to learn something new.  


 Love ya and see ya real soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment